[WBEL-users] Re: Re: drvnet.img

Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:29:56 -0400

There are PXE boot disks available (floppy, with minimal PXE boot code for
specific nics) that would probably solve this if the GX50 is actually NOT
pxe compatible.

I would be surprised though, most of the 'big name' servers over the last 5
years have had PXE build into the BIOS and/or NICS.

Drop me an email if you need a PXE boot disk, with details as to the NIC in
the machine, and I'll see if I have one that is distributable.  One of the
easiest to find (but subject to licensing) is the RIS boot disk that comes
with Windows 2000 Advanced Server, but of course it requires an Advanced
Server license.  I can confirm that the RIS boot disk will work with linux
installations (pxelinux - a syslinux tool - is your friend!)

Steve Kuervers
Systems Engineer
Land Force Western Area
Area Simulation Centre (Edmonton)
Department of National Defence (Calian Contractor)
(780) 973-4011 Ext 5831
(780) 973-1557 Fax
CSN 528-5831
mailto:kuervers.sj@forces.gc.ca