[WBEL-users] Re: wbel and swat

Ganeshram Iyer gri0941@exchange.uta.edu
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:32:22 -0500

Thanks to all for your help with samba-swat. but I still have no luck. i
finally realised that swat was not installed. i did a yum install
samba-swat and then a chkconfig swat on. but no swat. James Knowles
mentioned that I need to make sure that xinetd has swat enabled. I used
this from one of the links in the replies:

# default: off
#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
    port    = 901
    socket_type     = stream
    wait    = no
    only_from = localhost
    user    = root
    server  = /usr/sbin/swat
    log_on_failure  += USERID
    disable = no
}

and then I restarted the computer just to be safe. but still no go. when
i access http://localhost:901 i still get "unable to connect error".
assuming that i made a mistake somewhere how can I start all over again
from the beginning as if nothing was ever installed? do i just do a yum
uninstall samba-swat? thanks in advance for all your help again.

thanks
ganesh

PS: sorry if i emailed this twice. i dont know if i replied to the group
or to an individual email.