[WBEL-users] X problems with 2.4.26 kernel

Bevis.Peters@ftid.com Bevis.Peters@ftid.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:18:01 +0100

I've been using WBEL on various machines since it came out with no
problems.
I recently bought a samsung x05 laptop, and put WBEL on that.  it pretty
much worked out of the box
(http://www.jackhollow.co.uk/wbel_samsungx05.html), but the 2.4.21 kernel
has no ACPI support.  so after some investigation, i pulled the 2.4.26
kernel and built that, and got acpi working.
but now X doesn't work!
using the same config thats works if i boot to 2.4.21, typing 'startx' on
2.4.26 gives me a blank screen.  ctrl+alt+f1 gets back to the console and
back to the command prompt.  X is reporting no errors at all (ie nothing
EE); i just get an "XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on
X server" in the console.
this is with an 'official' WB XFree86 4.3.0.
any thoughts from anyone?
do i need to rebuild XFree with the new kernel?

-
Bevis

The information in this e-mail is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.