[WBEL-users] X problems with 2.4.26 kernel

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

Bevis.Peters@ftid.com said:
> I've been using WBEL on various machines since it came out with no
> problems. I recently bought a samsung x05 laptop, and put WBEL on that.  it
> pretty much worked out of the box
> (http://www.jackhollow.co.uk/wbel_samsungx05.html), but the 2.4.21 kernel
>  has no ACPI support.  so after some investigation, i pulled the 2.4.26
> kernel and built that, and got acpi working. but now X doesn't work! using
> the same config thats works if i boot to 2.4.21, typing 'startx' on 2.4.26
> gives me a blank screen.

It looks like you are using Binary video drivers, so they might need to be reinstalled for the new kernel.  Intel doesn't make it clear, but since they want you to have kernel-source installed, I assume that it does something kernel specific.

The other possiblity is that you are seeing an issue with the kernel.org kernel not having NPTL.

--
William Hooper