[WBEL-users] Installing g++/c++

linux linux@akelanetwork.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 04:04:21 -0400

Hi,

I've just installed whitebox release of 3.0 Respin 1.  It was great in
general.  One of the problems I run into when compiling nmap 3.55 was
missing the g++ (because I picked the minimum server option).  I've tried to
search on the web and mailing list (redhat, fedora, and this site) but could
not find an answer.  I've tried yum to look for it but still no good.

Here's the error while compiling nmap:
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking for g++... MISSING
configure: error: Could not locate a C++ compiler. If it exists, add it to
your PATH or give configure the CXX=path_to_compiler argument.  Otherwise,
install a C++ compiler such as g++ or install a binary package of Nmap (see
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/nmap_download.html ))

Please give me some pointer on how to go about it.  Thanks a lot.