[WBEL-users] Installing g++/c++

Ivan Pechorin ivan@pechorin.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:00:26 +0400

Hi!

linux@akelanetwork wrote:

> I've just installed whitebox release of 3.0 Respin 1.  It was great in
> general.  One of the problems I run into when compiling nmap 3.55 was
> missing the g++ (because I picked the minimum server option).  I've tried to
> search on the web and mailing list (redhat, fedora, and this site) but could
> not find an answer.

> I've tried yum to look for it but still no good.

Did you try 'yum search c++'? It says that you need a gcc-c++ package.

'yum install gcc-c++' command should help you, if your yum is properly
configured.

You should have something like this in your /etc/yum.conf:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=whitebox-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=0
gpgcheck=1

[base]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux - Base
baseurl=http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/whiteboxlinux/$releasever/en/os/$base

[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux - Released Updates
baseurl=http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/whiteboxlinux/$releasever/en/updates/

http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/whiteboxlinux/3.0/en/updates/i386/gcc-c++-3.2.3-34.i386.rpm
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/whiteboxlinux/3.0/en/updates/i386/libstdc++-3.2.3-34.i386.rpm
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/whiteboxlinux/3.0/en/updates/i386/libstdc++-devel-3.2.3-34.i386.rpm