[WBEL-users] Installing a dual boot XP/WBEL with WBEL on hdb?

Benjamin J. Weiss Benjamin J. Weiss" <benjamin@birdvet.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:46:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Ivan Deras wrote:

> Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to do this?  I need to keep XP on the primary drive and
> >want to put linux on the second drive.
> >

> You need to enable LBA32 before installing grub, this can be done
> without reinstalling Linux but you need to boot with first CD in rescue
> mode and then configure grub to use lba32 and install it !!!

Okay, so far I haven't found anything about an LBA32 in the man pages, and
googling around shows that lilo had an LBA32 setting but that grub is
supposed to auto-detect lba.  What am I missing?

And again, there was nowhere in the bios (that I could find) where I could
set lba mode on or off...

Ben