[WBEL-users] WBEL (respin) with 875P Mobo

Pierre-Francois Honore pfhonore@cea.fr
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 03:56:20 +0200

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 19:36, Raymond Lillard wrote:
> I would like to install WBEL (respin) on an
> ASUS P4C800-E mobo.  This system is to have
> the OS installed on the Primary Master.  I
> intend to use the two SATA-150 drives as a
> software RAID1 for the data shares of a Samba
> PDC.
>
> I have booted up on the the install disk and
> the SATA drives are not recognized but I'm hoping
> that if I install the OS I will find the SATA
> driver support available when I rebuild the kernel.
>
> Is this correct.

Last week, I did that on a Dell Precision WorkStation with a Promise
FastTrak S150
tx2 equivalent to the PDC 20378 controller of your ASUS P4C800-E mobo. I
have used a standard IDE drive during the installation and compiled the
driver from :
http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=107&category=All&os=100