[WBEL-users] RedHat reference i httpd default page ?

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:36:13 -0500

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 06:17, Brian Ipsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I don't know if all references to RedHat should be removed - but the
> default page in the package httpd-2.0.46-32.ent.3.WB1 gives a default page
> like:
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page
>
> and further down:
>
> "For information on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, please visit the Red Hat, Inc.
> website. The documentation for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is available on the
> Red Hat, Inc. website"
>
> Maybe it needs to be modified ?

First, Red Hat specifically states what HAS to be modified.  It is only
2 packages:
redhat-logos
anaconda-images

http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/guidelines/page6.html

Second, things that RedHat wrote, that are part of WBEL, should give Red
Hat credit ... they developed and packaged it.

I do agree that specific default web page should be modified to link to
WBEL, but how long should that page be up ... only until you put a file
in the root website directory.  It is only a cosmetic change (for
advertising WBEL) and not required.

Johnny Hughes
HughesJR.com