[WBEL-users] Question about VNC trouble.

Brent DiNicola whitebox@elric.net
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:56:30 -0500

I know this might be slightly off topic but I wanted to get some feedback from
this list. I have been using VNC on a RH 7.3 box without issue. This is how
people use the Linux servers, through VNC and has been fine for months.

I recently upgraded one of the 7.3 boxes to WBEL (Respin1) and was having
them do the same thing. It seems to be ok if they use gnome, but if they use
KDE in VNC .. the X session fries sooner or later. On startup it fries several
of the KDE apps, leaving a core dump. About 4 of them.. including kdesplash.

Soon after this the gconfd will exit with signal 1. When this happens of course
this shuts down the whole VNC session.

Has anyone run VNC with KDE on WBEL Respin 1 without trouble OR .. with
any trouble. It appears that in the stack dumps they are all complaining at
some
point with libGL.so.1 which seems the only common complaint in the stack trace.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have searched through various newsgroups and lists
and I haven't found anyone else having this trouble with VNC. I would think
others
would notice and comment on it somewhere.

Brent