[WBEL-users] Samba 3.0.2e -- As Compiled Configuration ??

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 05:32:14 -0500

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 17:19, Raymond Lillard wrote:

> I would like to know the exact list of arguments
> supplied to "configure" to recompile the latest
> samba-3.0.5

Why compile your own version of 3.0.5 when you currently have an
enterprise version that receives all security updates (and is going to
soon be upgraded to 3.0.4-6.3E.  Is there some feature in 3.0.5 that you
absolutely need ... if not, I would recommend that you stay with the
version that is officially supported in RHEL (and WBEL).

All security updates will be applied by RedHat to the samba client in
RHEL (and therefore make it into WBEL) ... please see the RedHat policy
on backporting:

http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_backport.html

(so a higher version number is not always required to have all the
security updates)

Johnny Hughes
http://www.hughesjr.com