[WBEL-users] Re: remote installs

Joshua Weage weage98@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 04:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't been following the remote install thread, but I wouldn't
hesitate to recommend a network kickstart install.  I've just recently
kickstarted four workstations with RHEL using whitebox updates and they
complete in about an hour installing everything.  If you write your
post scripts correctly, the machines can be ready to use after a
kickstart.

I'll be doing about 15 cluster nodes shortly.  You can even setup PXE
boot installs if you want, but I have been using the "linux ks" option
from the boot cd.

Josh

=====