[WBEL-users] Red Hat GFS

Nick Bright nick-tech@terraworld.net
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:22:46 -0500

Hi,

 I downloaded and installed your GFS packages on my WBEL system w/
2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp kernel. I installed the following packages:

GFS-6.0.0-1.2.i686.rpm
GFS-devel-6.0.0-1.2.i686.rpm
GFS-modules-6.0.0-1.2.i686.rpm
rh-gfs-en-6.0-4.noarch.rpm
perl-Net-Telnet-3.03-2.noarch.rpm

I used the i686 versions since I am on P4 Xeon arch.

I was able to successfully create a GFS filesystem on my SAN (via
qlogicfc module) but when I try to mount with this command:

mount -t gfs /dev/sdc /mnt/san

I recieve an error:

mount: fs type gfs not supported by kernel

Is there something else I need to do/install? Or did I do something
wrong? I did reboot after installing the RPM's in case there was some
kind of init daemon that had to start (there is a "gfs" script in
/etc/init.d). Also, would having installed the GFS-devel RPM cause a
problem? I wouldn't think so. I installed it in case there was some kind
of dependancy somewhere to satisfy.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

--
- Nick Bright
  Terraworld, Inc