[WBEL-users] Odd window drag behaviour

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:52:11 -0400

John Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Alex Tkachenko wrote:
>

>>It has a patch for RHEL version of metacity package - I have it
>>locally applied until it gets its way into the official update.
>

> Ok, this one bugs me enough I'm wondering if it justifies pushing up a
> patched version of metacity instead of waiting for RedHat to get around to
> it in U3.  I know I'll be adding this patch to my own copies, but should
> it go into the mainline?  It would mark a departure from tracking RH
> exactly and that worries me.

Let me belatedly say I think that's a bad idea. Keep it compatible.

I'm running a hotfix kernel on my machines to get around a hard hang
using mmap and threads, but I'd hate to see it distributed. The fix will
be in the next RH push, if you are seeing this upgrade asap.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)