[WBEL-users] OpenSSH 3.8p1 wants older openssl

Bill Davidsen davidsen@tmr.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:05:07 -0400

Christian Reeves wrote:
> Anyone have any luck installing OpenSSH_3.8p1? I have it running on many
> RedHat 8.0 servers but this is the first WBEL box I've tried to upgrade it
> on.

The way WBEL works is that Redhat backports the security fix to RHEL so
you don't have to upgrade to a new version, the fix is in the new point
release to the old version.

If you want to do your own updates you probably should use FC1 or FC2.

OT: why go to FC2? Is there some big advantage I'm missing? I have FC1
and FC2 running, other than FC1 being more stable, I see no big reason
to change.

--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)