[WBEL-users] Corrupted WBEL Format

Paul Pianta pantz@lqt.ca
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:04:58 -0400

Ed Morrison wrote:

>Help! .......please!!!  :-)
>
>Ed

Hey Ed

If it's not already too late you could maybe try a groovy little tool
that saved me once called gpart. I got stung by the kernel-2.6 bug that
screws with the disk geometry and my partition table got wiped out (well
i wiped it with a dd of zeroes to mbr - not a good move :\). gpart
guesses where your old partition lines were and re-writes them. gpart
only makes an educated guess but when you are at the end of the rope ...

p.s. - gpart's guess was spot on for me!

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!