[WBEL-users] Corrupted WBEL Format

Ed Morrison emorrison@ncen.org
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:48:47 -0700

Jeremy,

Thanks for your input and the tool.  This appears to have done the
trick.  I had it check for errors....it crapped out and said there were
too many to list....this is a 160GB drive.  I then had it write zeros to
the drive and now all *appears* to be good.  I'll be keeping a close eye
on the drive to make sure though ;-)  Anyway, I was able to boot with my
FC1 disk without errors.  I have partitioned the drive and I'm
installing winblows now (necessary for work)and will put WBEL and FC1 on
it as soon as that is finished.  This is a nice little tool and I'll
keep it in my war chest.

Thanks again it is much appreciated.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
[mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy Bowers
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 10:01 AM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] Corrupted WBEL Format

If it's an IDE drive you can grab GWscan from here:
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?param=gwscan&st=kw

You have extract in from Windows, but once you boot from it, it'll give
an option to write zeros to your drive.  Writing zeros should clean up
any messy partitions ( and anything else on the drive) and will also let

you know if your hard drive is on the verge of dying, (which it may be,
according to the symptoms.  It's also able to fix some hard drive
errors.

--Jeremy

Ed Morrison wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>Seems as though I am on a role here.  I was trying to setup WBEL on a
>workstation that already had Win XP and Fedora Core 1 on it.  I was
>actually trying to replace the FC1 installation.  When I got to the
Disk