[WBEL-users] IBM x306 + aarich driver for SATA RAID

Scott McClintock scott@mu.com.au
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:36:42 +1000

Hi All,

I have an IBM x306 that I am trying to get linux loaded on... any Linux
really ... just one that works   .... Though WBEL would be the preference.

Anyway, I have a RAID 1 array configured in the Adaptec BIOS but I
cannot get Linux to recognise it.  If I installed with linux dd noprobe,
and use the IBM supplied aarich driver, it simply says that no suitable
devices were found for the driver.  The driver pick list in both Fedora
core 2 and WBEL 3 lists the Adaptec SATA RAID aarich driver but also
does not recognise the array.

The Adaptec diagnostics say that the array is fine and the IBM
diagnostic CD happily tests the array ok.

I actually have to install about 10 of these boxes in the next couple of
months so am pretty keen to find a solution.  Any ideas anyone?

I'd be happy to publish a procedure if we can get this sorted.

Thanks

Scott.

PS.  Apologies to the moderator for giving him extra work after I
subscribed to the list with the wrong email address... Doh!
Scott McClintock                             Email: scott@mu.com.au
Managing Director                            Phone: 07 3253 1222
MU Systems Pty Ltd                             Web: http://www.mu.com.au
Brisbane, Australia
Unix/Linux Support   LAN/WAN Support   Internet Applications Development