[WBEL-users] IBM x306 + aarich driver for SATA RAID (fwd)

Michael Brennen michael@fishnet.us
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:02:56 -0500 (CDT)

I had to play some fairly serious games to load a IT8212 raid driver
on WBEL.  It started by compiling a versionless module on a Fedora C1
box, then copying the module to a vendor supplied RH9 driver diskette
(the only one supported at the time).  It was not detected correctly
of course, but at the stage where the installation process indicated
that no installation media was found I could flip to alt-f2 to the
shell prompt, then manually load the module from the floppy.  It was
not a pretty process, but I was able to make it work.  FWIW...

   -- Michael