[WBEL-users] IBM x306 + aarich driver for SATA RAID

Scott McClintock scott@mu.com.au
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:14:07 +1000

Hmmm.... sounds a bit scary...

Ok, a Whitebox newby question... can you generally assume that driver
disks for RHEL 3 will work with WHEL 3 or are there some gotchas?

regards

Scott

Michael Brennen wrote:

> I had to play some fairly serious games to load a IT8212 raid driver
> on WBEL.  It started by compiling a versionless module on a Fedora C1
> box, then copying the module to a vendor supplied RH9 driver diskette
> (the only one supported at the time).  It was not detected correctly
> of course, but at the stage where the installation process indicated
> that no installation media was found I could flip to alt-f2 to the
> shell prompt, then manually load the module from the floppy.  It was
> not a pretty process, but I was able to make it work.  FWIW...
>
>    -- Michael
>
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Scott McClintock wrote:
>

>>I have an IBM x306 that I am trying to get linux loaded on... any
>>Linux really ... just one that works .... Though WBEL would be the
>>preference.
>>
>>Anyway, I have a RAID 1 array configured in the Adaptec BIOS but I
>>cannot get Linux to recognise it.  If I installed with linux dd
>>noprobe, and use the IBM supplied aarich driver, it simply says that
>>no suitable devices were found for the driver.  The driver pick list
>>in both Fedora core 2 and WBEL 3 lists the Adaptec SATA RAID aarich
>>driver but also does not recognise the array.

Scott McClintock                             Email: scott@mu.com.au
Managing Director                            Phone: 07 3253 1222
MU Systems Pty Ltd                             Web: http://www.mu.com.au
Brisbane, Australia
Unix/Linux Support   LAN/WAN Support   Internet Applications Development