[WBEL-users] html email in whitebox list

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:46:34 -0500

jafar wrote:

> <>What email app are people using here?

Probably a little bit of everything...  Personally, Mozilla Thunderbird.

> <>I don't know about the rest, but I have my whitebox list messages
> delivered as a digetst and get a lot of the following..
>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><FONT size=3D2><SPAN =
> class=3D193204109-28072004><FONT=20
> face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff>2) resolv.conf on the Linux server has the
> =
> following=20
> lines in it referring to the Win2K domain and the DNS server's IP=20
> address:</FONT></SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><FONT size=3D2><SPAN=20
> class=3D193204109-28072004></SPAN></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><FONT size=3D2><SPAN =
> class=3D193204109-28072004><FONT=20
> face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff>search=20
> adminsvr.headoffice</FONT></SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
>
> And so on.....

The digest doesn't strip out the tags -or- make them readable?  Sounds
like an opportunity for some open-source innovation!  :)

> <>Would it be rude to ask that people post what are essentially text
> messages in plain text on this list?
> It's just that there is a lot of it, and it makes it very difficult to
> read and I might miss the opportunity to answer someone's question and
> contribute a little to the list by sharing knowledge.
> Don't take this as a flame or anything. It's just an observation and a
> little suggestion. :)

I doubt you'll offend anyone with your request.  You make not get
compliance either.  ;)  For me, it takes some remembering to go up and
switch that "HTML" setting to "Plain Text" when I'm dealing with a
mailing list.  It's easy in newsgroups, because I tell it to use plain
text for everything there.

I like using HTML mail, personally.  (Besides, my sig block probably
looks like crap in plain text...)  I know there are people who are
rabidly opposed to it, and I find it really ironic that they're usually
really smart folks.  Heck, if you're smart enough to get Linux going...  :)

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>