[WBEL-users] html email in whitebox list

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:13:53 +0200

On Saturday 31 July 2004 04:46, Daniel J. Summers wrote:

> I doubt you'll offend anyone with your request.  You make not get
> compliance either.  ;)  For me, it takes some remembering to go up and
> switch that "HTML" setting to "Plain Text" when I'm dealing with a
> mailing list.  It's easy in newsgroups, because I tell it to use plain
> text for everything there.
> I like using HTML mail, personally.  (Besides, my sig block probably
> looks like crap in plain text...)  I know there are people who are
> rabidly opposed to it, and I find it really ironic that they're usually
> really smart folks.  Heck, if you're smart enough to get Linux going...  :)

Nothing to do with "smart" but some people (like me) sometimes are "stuck"
using the console or just prefer a console-based mail app such as elm, mutt
or pine. Not sure about pine, but elm and mutt are terrible at handling HTML
so it simply makes our life more difficult.

For me it's gotten to a point where I'm seriously considering having procmail
delete all email that's in HTML. Anybody here any experience with that?
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net