[WBEL-users] Promise IDE hardware raid 1 built onto an Intel Zeon Server motherboard

Toby Bluhm tkb9@adelphia.net
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:29:01 -0400

Denis Croombs wrote:

>I have a couple of Intel Zeon motherboards with Promise IDE raid system
>built in, I want to use the Hardware Raid 1(mirroring on 2 drives), I have
>setup the raid and built the mirror, but Whitebox just sees the 2 drives and
>not the single mirror, any clues as to how to make this work with Whitebox ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Denis

You can try whatever linux drivers Promise has for your particular
model. They are closed source, not kept up, have limited support and so
on. Use software raid instead - works great.

--
Toby Bluhm