[WBEL-users] OpenGroupware and Linux World Expo San Fran 2004

Kelley G portal@toasterz.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:01:11 -0700

hello all:

my company toasterz is representing OpenGroupware.org at linux world
expo in San Fran
next week, august 2-5.

here's my situation, i've been trying without success to get
OpenGroupware running on wbel.
i want to standardize all my toasterz offerings on wbel, and would like
to be able to
have wbel running on my demo server at lwe. however, i have an error in
my wbel test install
that i don't have time to track down. i think it's ntpl related, however
the standard workaround
ld_assume_kernel=2.4.19 doesn't work.

if anyone wants to help wbel make a good apppearance at our ogo booth
(#169), maybe you could
follow the install instructions at http://exchangekiller.com and solve
this thing for me.

deadline: morning august 2rd.

i'll be on the road for two days, but i will be checking my email. if
you want to talk email me off
the list with your phone number and i'll call you.

specific issue:

the install of all packages goes well, the apache module, ngobjweb,
compiles without incident
(download and edit the install script to match the 2.0.46 apache
version, run  ./add_remove_ogo.pl install)
then follow the rest of the instructions for postgresql setup. you have
to add the postgres user manually.

add  'ld_assume_kernel-2.4.19' to /op/opengroupware.org/.bash_profile

apache is unable to contact the ngobjweb module at runtime. internal
server error is the response.
/var/log/httpd/error.log shows repeated attempts to contact module.

this software works on may distros without incident, including rhel3.

anyway, please help solve this if you can and i'll give as much
publicity for wbel as i can this coming week.
thanks for your efforts on wbel -- i think you've done a great job!

kelley graham
open source advocate

http://toasterz.com
http://exchangekiller.com