[WBEL-users] RH ES3 & YUM

Karanbir Singh kbsingh@poboxes.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:35:41 +0100

hey Eric!

eric fleming wrote:
> I have the boxed set RH ES3.  And want to install it on my home
> workstation, but of course the RHN registration is already being used.

Redhat requires you to license each machine that their product runs on.
You will be violating their T&C's by installing their software and not
licensing the machine.

You might want to keep in mind that Redhat dont 'sell' a license, they
sell 'subscriptions' per machine / per year / per product.

> Can I install from the RH CD's and then use YUM to update my packages
> and kernel, using the WBEL mirrors?

Whats stopping you from downloading and installing WBEL ? "What you get"
will be the same packages etc as you do in  RH ES, just without the
licensing issues.

> Are there any special considerations to be taken when planning for this
> type of arrangement?

Yes, download WBEL and install that instead.

--
Karanbir Singh <kbsingh@poboxes.com>

http://www.karan.org/
ICQ : 2522219 - Yahoo IM : z00dax