[WBEL-users] installing WBEL on a UML guest

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:22:21 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, A Streetcar Named wrote:

> I'm trying to install WBEL by following the steps listed at
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=user-mode-linux-user&m=108372798531039&w=2
> but the actual package installation doesn't seem to be taking place -
> instead, it just eats all CPU on my host machine.  Any ideas?

Hi again,

I've spoken to my colleague Paul, the best advice we have is to follow the
instructions on http://linuxhacker.ru/uml/ which is for Redhat 8/9 but works
almost perfectly for WBEL too, in particular it explains how to get around the
pcmcia detection problems.

<plug>buy a virtual WBEL server at http://www.mythic-beasts.com/vds.html !</plug>

Yours,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                                                  -- Christopher Morley