[WBEL-users] Forums, again.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists@karan.org
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:29:26 +0100

hey!

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Some people like mailing lists more ... others like forums.  As already
> stated, it is the internet ... try it and let's see what happens.

Whats stopping people from linking the two up ? You can have a mailing
list drop into a web forum and posts from the forum going into the
Mailing lists. I am surprised that no one has done this yet for the
white box lists.

One issue - all these email add's from everyone on the mailing list are
suddenly going to be available on the Internet ( to be harvested ) - so
you need some sort of 'masq' for these.

For the upcoming forum, I would be quite happy to work with the admins
to get this going if they so like. If there is going to be a forum,
might be better to have it at one place rather than have 20 diff forums
spread all over the place.

--
Karanbir Singh

http://www.karan.org/