[WBEL-users] whoa! yum went crazy and added Xwindows

Josh Hildebrand josh@newgistics.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:07:26 -0500

Ahh.. Correct you are.  The output was misleading me to believe that it
installed all those new RPMs.

Thanks for the obvious correction.

-Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Reynolds [mailto:mark@reynolds.net.au]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 8:03 AM
To: Josh Hildebrand
Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] whoa! yum went crazy and added Xwindows

Quoting Josh Hildebrand <josh@newgistics.com>:

> I try really hard to keep xwindows off my server.  All the sudden, last
> night, yum decided it needed it.  Probably to satisfy the dependency of
> some
> updated RPM.  Sounds like that rpm has a false dependency.  Or a new one,
> at
> the very least.  Can someone help me determine which one it was?  I'd like
> to rpm -e all of these new rpms.
>
> -Josh

Josh,

I might be missing something, but it seems to me that the big
list shows what was updated on the core server, but at the
bottom, only these got updated on your server ...

And no X's in there that I can see :-)

mark reynolds

Upgrading rpms:
  laus-libs-0.1-56RHEL3.i386.rpm (new)
  pam-0.75-54.i386.rpm
  pam-devel-0.75-54.i386.rpm
  comps-3.0.0whitebox-0.20040609.i386.rpm
  initscripts-7.31.13.EL-1.WB2.i386.rpm
  rhnlib-1.5-1.1.WB1.noarch.rpm
  rpmdb-whitebox-3.0-0.20040609.i386.rpm
  up2date-4.3.19-1.WB1.i386.rpm
  warning: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources created as
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew
  yum-2.0.7-1.1.WB1.noarch.rpm
  warning: /etc/yum.conf created as /etc/yum.conf.rpmnew

Sent through Reynolds Technology IMP http://www.reynolds.net.au/
Configurable spam and virus free email. Anywhere, anytime.