[WBEL-users] PHP + MSSQL

Thomas Swan tswan@idigx.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:40:08 -0500

Richard Humphrey wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone knew of any RPMS available for PHP that has
>support for MSSQL already compiled in? We have a need for this and I
>have never compiled PHP from scratch and would rather not unless I have
>too. Thanks for any input.

You can try the DAG rpms for FreeTDS and unixODBC which are necessary
for PHP to connect to an MSSQL server.   If I remember correctly, I had
a probeml with compiling against the stock RPMS that were included in
the distro.  Personally, I prefer to not use RPMS for PHP because I have
more control over which version of PHP is in use and which
functions/options are enabled.

It's not really fun to set up because you need to configure unixODBC and
the freetds options.    You will need to recompile PHP linking against
FreeTDS and unixODBC from source to enable the mssql functions.