[WBEL-users] Persistent Routes

Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:29:26 -0400

It is definately Friday:

Try /usr/sbin/redhat-config-network

Double click the appropriate device, and static routes are suddenly
available to you under the route tab.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca [mailto:Kuervers.SJ@forces.gc.ca]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 1:26 PM
To: pvoccio@proficient.com; jesus@ceinpet.cupet.cu
Cc: Whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: RE: [WBEL-users] Persistent Routes

It came to me right after I sent it.

As per the network script, the static-routes is just a list of routes to
add.

Basically, the network script prefaces each line with "/sbin/route add -"
and the remainder is put into the script (ie. net 192.168.100.0/24
192.168.101.254).

I believe there is a CLI or GUI management tool for this, but can't remember
which one.

Steve Kuervers
Systems Engineer
Land Force Western Area
Area Simulation Centre (Edmonton)
Department of National Defence (Calian Contractor)
(780) 973-4011 Ext 5831
(780) 973-1557 Fax
CSN 528-5831
mailto:kuervers.sj@forces.gc.ca