[WBEL-users] performance of update 1 slow

Tom Brown tom.brown@goodtechnology.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:14:41 +0100

OK - thanks all - I've updated to the megaraid2 driver, we are using this
already on some new Dells with PERC4 cards but this particular machine is
running a PERC2
I'll see how we get on but unless i get a decent improvement i think i'll
have to go back to 7.3 for this particular machine.

It definately seems to be driver related though i think - there are many
discussions it seems revolving around RHEL and megaraid performance issues

thanks

> Hello Tom,
>
> I have had the opposite experience.  We were using RedHat 8 & 9 in our
networks, and they were dog slow.  Moving to RH Enterprise Linux and WBEL
seemed to dramatically increase the I/O performance on the exact same
machines.

> I would suspect it's a hardware/driver related issue, possibly with your
RAID card.