[WBEL-users] performance of update 1 slow

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:35:34 +0200

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 11:30, Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running white box on a couple of machines as test beds - Before this
> the machines were running 7.3 without issues. Since changing to whitebox
> update 1 the performance has been terrible - High machine loads, high I/O
> waits etc and generally dog slow.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this or am i unlucky. Machine specs are older
> twin p3 cpu's and RAM at either 2 gig or 4 gig depending on machine.
> These performance drops are on adaptec and megaraid RAID controllers.
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux walter 2.4.21-15.ELsmp #1 SMP Sun May 16 01:48:39 EDT 2004 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux

No problems here with SMP P3 machines, with software RAID and Adaptec 2940
cards. I'd concur with the others that it's most likely the RAID cards,
some driver/firmware conflict.

Can you (using top or whatever) tie the high loads to certain processes?
That might give further indication of what the cause of the problems is.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net