[WBEL-users] WBEL, ResiferFS and patchs for NFS and Quotas

Andy Rabagliati andyr@wizzy.com
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:05:21 +0200

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 15:16, Terrence Martin wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if the reiserfs in WBEL3.0 have the patches applied for
> > NFS support and Quota support? The kernel makes mention that they are
> > needed but I have not found anywhere that says that RH applied them.
>

> ReiserFS is not installable from Disk Druid on the initial install ...
> and I can't find mkreiserfs either.  You can mount a reiserfs filesystem
> after you install the kernel-unsupported package.

I also miss reiserfs support under whitebox.

However, I value the work redhat has put in to Enterprise, and if they
say reiserfs is a nogo so be it ..

I needed to pull data from a failed reiserfs drive that I had been
using under redhat 8.0. As has been previously mentioned here, failing
reiserfs partitions are a dog - sometimes they can become unrecoverable.

I pulled reiserfs.o from the unsupported kernel (using rpm2cpio, and
cpio --extract) and insmod'ed it - it slipped right in.

Mounted the reiserfs partition read-only, pulled the data off fine.

Cheers,    Andy!