[WBEL-users] whiteboxlinux.net news

donavan nelson donavan@whiteboxlinux.net
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:30:04 -0500

Sorry to those of you who get this twice....

1)  The building I live in suffered a major fire Saturday (6-19) and
whiteboxlinux.net has been off line since early that afternoon (CDT).
Myself and all my toys survived with only minor smoke damage.  The south
half the building is 1/2 gone.  I live in the north half of the build.
Thank something for a firewall (the literal kind) that actually worked.
  I haven't disappeared or anything. :)

2)  Second, whiteboxlinux.net (actually all my crap) is moving to a new
ISP sometime between Friday (6-25) and Monday (6-28).  It depends on the
workload this weekend and if the circuits are installed as promised by
the telecom carrier.  So during the time DNS is propagating the new IP
addresses the proverbial paddle and creek syndrome applies.