[WBEL-users] whiteboxlinux.net news

Jeff Lasman blists@nobaloney.net
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:59:20 -0700

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 08:30 pm, donavan nelson wrote:

> 1)  The building I live in suffered a major fire Saturday (6-19) and
> whiteboxlinux.net has been off line since early that afternoon (CDT).
> Myself and all my toys survived with only minor smoke damage.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune and I'm happy that you and your
toys expired intact.

> The
> south half the building is 1/2 gone.  I live in the north half of the
> build. Thank something for a firewall (the literal kind) that
> actually worked. I haven't disappeared or anything. :)

I never went through such an experience but a friend of mine had a major
fire in his home; I'll hope that you survive the next few weeks
emotionally intact as you learn if you can stay, have to leave, break
the lease, etc.

(Have gone through a few earthquakes but nothing serious enough to make
our home uninhabitable, though a few in my ex's neighborhood were
totally destroyed a few years ago during the So. Cal "Northridge"
quake.)

> 2)  Second, whiteboxlinux.net (actually all my crap) is moving to a
> new ISP sometime between Friday (6-25) and Monday (6-28).  It depends
> on the workload this weekend and if the circuits are installed as
> promised by the telecom carrier.  So during the time DNS is
> propagating the new IP addresses the proverbial paddle and creek
> syndrome applies.

The site appears to be up now.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation