[WBEL-users] Re: Traffic Monitor

Jason Becker jason@coalescentsystems.ca
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:32:46 -0600

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:33:29 -0400
From: John Hinton <webmaster@ew3d.com>
Subject: [WBEL-users] Traffic Monitor

Can anybody point me in the direction of a good traffic monitor. I would
really like in particular detailed email checks, just in case we get a
client with a virus which starts spamming.

I would like for this to be affordable or 'free', I don't want to spend
$500 per year (if I did stuff like that, why would I be on this list?  :)  )

I need to be able to monitor servers on a remote network where I do not
have direct access to the router. I sure would like for the reports to
be created in html or some such, where I could reach them via my browser.

TIA

John Hinton

***

Check out www.ntop.org

It's open source, easy to setup and has a web-based reporting interface.

Check out www.nagios.org for serious network/system monitoring. Not hard to setup but does require an investment of your time.

Cheers

Jason