[WBEL-users] Considering White Box - Related Questions

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:40:47 -0600

> server-oriented. ... as a long-term (3-4 years)

WBEL/RHEL is geared towards a stable, long-term track for machines from
desktops to servers. It's not necessarily a server orientation per se.
(Yes, there are a lot of server-specific enhancements that can be
installed.)

Since the RH Linux series was abandoned, we've floundered around a bit
in our businesses, tried the FC upgrade treadmill... whew. I'm new to
WBEL, but so far I'm breathing a lot easier. The bleeding edge leaves a
lot of blood on the floor. :-)

I want to focus on what we do best, not play sysadmin all day.