[WBEL-users] Locoalhost login

Charles Stevenson cstevenson@atipa.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:35:16 -0500

Dear Ron,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:06:37AM -0500, John Morris wrote:
> If you can't remember the root password you gave during install you have
> two choices.
>
> a) reinstall
>
> b) Boot into rescue mode, let it mount your filesystem and use the
> suggested (it will give it onscreen) command to chroot into your installed
> system.  Once there use the passwd command to set a new root password.

Yep, I'd recommend reinstalling the system. However you could always at
the LILO/GRUB prompt give "linux init=/bin/sh" without needing a rescue
CD. Then type passwd, change the root passwd, useradd normal user
account, then use the sysrq keys to remount the paritions read-only,
sync the disks and reboot. At least this is my preferred method. :-)

Happy hacking!

Regards,
Charlie

--