[WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway

Simone72 Simone72 <simone72@email.it>
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:04:50 +0200

--b1_27529080330c6e432c0678523c060ea0

Hi all,
thought I would post my question here, if this is not the appropriate place,
I apologize.

This is the environment I\'m dealing with:
the company I\'m working for has 3 offices in 3 different cities, with a VPN
connection. Each of the 3 office has its own Exchange server 2000 (the
domain is the same). Right now, I just set up a sendmail server as a  mail
gateway (MailScanner - ClamAV - Spamassassin.....very satisfied), and relay
the mail to the three different exchange servers using mailertable on a per
user policy. Say the sendmail is the only one having a public ip (or better
in a future, behind a firewall), is there a way for users to connect via
imap to their accounts from outside the VPN (home for ex.) ?
All the users mailboxes are on the exchange servers, so I thought if
sendmail can be a mail gateway using mailertable there could possibly be a
way to route imap to the right server using the same rules.......that would
be great. The alternative I\'m fighting with my boss about, is adding an
extra exchange server to be a front end for the other 3....but paying $$$
another licence is, IMHO....... Another thing is providing the web access,
and I thought it could be done with a log-in web page redirecting to the
right server (something to be done PHP-Apache-MySql perhaps).
I\'m pretty new in Linux, and have a 2 week experience with sendmail, so if
I asked too much, please be nice  :-) . Just would like to know if this is
possible or if someone has a better idea.

Just something I sincerely feel to add. I\'m not really active on the
mailing list cause of my little experience, but I want to thank all the
people that mail, because just reading the messages I learned a lot (thanks
for the tip on the 3com 905B card, I got crazy with network problems on the
samba server!!), and John Morris for WBEL I\'m using on all the server I set
up, THANKS.

Have a nice day
Simone

 Sponsor:
 Scopri il benessere che solo l’aloe vera regala al tuo corpo: cura la tua
pelle
Con la vasta gamma di prodotti che ti offre Erboristeria.com
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2380&d=20040626

--b1_27529080330c6e432c0678523c060ea0

Hi all,<BR>thought I would post my question here,&nbsp;if this is not the appropriate place,&nbsp;I apologize.<BR><BR>This is the environment I'm dealing with:<BR>the company I'm working for has 3 offices in 3 different cities, with a VPN connection. Each of the 3 office has its own Exchange server 2000 (the domain is the same). Right now, I just set up a sendmail server as a&nbsp; mail gateway (MailScanner - ClamAV - Spamassassin.....very satisfied), and relay the mail to the three different exchange servers using mailertable on a per user policy. Say the sendmail is the only one having a public ip (or better in a future, behind a firewall), is there a way for users to connect via imap to their accounts from outside the VPN (home for ex.) ?<BR>All the users mailboxes are on the exchange servers, so I thought if sendmail can be a mail gateway using mailertable there could possibly be a way to route imap to the right server using the same rules.......that would be great. The
alternative I'm fighting with my boss about, is adding an extra exchange server to be a front end for the other 3....but paying $$$ another licence is, IMHO....... Another thing is providing the web access, and I thought it could be done with a log-in web page redirecting to the right server (something to be done PHP-Apache-MySql perhaps).<BR>I'm pretty new in Linux, and have a 2 week experience with sendmail, so if I asked too much, please be nice&nbsp; :-) . Just would like to know if this is possible or if someone has a better idea. <BR><BR>Just something I sincerely feel&nbsp;to add. I'm not really active on the mailing list cause of my&nbsp;little experience, but I want to thank all the people that mail, because just reading the messages I learned a lot (thanks for the tip on the 3com 905B card, I got crazy with network problems on the samba server!!), and John Morris for WBEL I'm using on all the server I set up, THANKS.<BR><BR>Have a nice day<BR>Simone<br><p><font
face=Verdana,Arial size=2>----<br>
 Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: <a href="http://www.email.it/cgi-bin/start?sid=3"
 target="_blank" >clicca qui</a> <br>
 Sponsor:<br>
 Scopri il benessere che solo l’aloe vera regala al tuo corpo: cura la tua pelle
Con la vasta gamma di prodotti che ti offre Erboristeria.com<br>

--b1_27529080330c6e432c0678523c060ea0--