[WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway

Simone72 Simone72 <simone72@email.it>
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:49:25 +0200

--b1_249a31c333ce9b77f41b058515f1a900

Thank you very much for your reply. I am already having a look at
openwebmail.org, hope it can be what I\'m looking for. For imap, let\'s say
we have to use it, or at least a part of the users......
Thanks again for the suggestion
Simone

--------- Original Message --------
Da: \"Raul pitti\" <rdpitti@globaltecsa.com>
Oggetto: Re: [WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway
Data: 26/06/04 18:20

Simone72 wrote:

> Hi all,
> thought I would post my question here, if this is not the appropriate
> place, I apologize.
>
> This is the environment I\'m dealing with:
> the company I\'m working for has 3 offices in 3 different cities, with a
> VPN connection. Each of the 3 office has its own Exchange server 2000
> (the domain is the same). Right now, I just set up a sendmail server as
> a mail gateway (MailScanner - ClamAV - Spamassassin.....very
> satisfied), and relay the mail to the three different exchange servers
> using mailertable on a per user policy. Say the sendmail is the only one
> having a public ip (or better in a future, behind a firewall), is there
> a way for users to connect via imap to their accounts from outside the
> VPN (home for ex.) ?
> All the users mailboxes are on the exchange servers, so I thought if
> sendmail can be a mail gateway using mailertable there could possibly be
> a way to route imap to the right server using the same rules.......that
> would be great. The alternative I\'m fighting with my boss about, is
> adding an extra exchange server to be a front end for the other 3....but
> paying $$$ another licence is, IMHO....... Another thing is providing
> the web access, and I thought it could be done with a log-in web page
> redirecting to the right server (something to be done PHP-Apache-MySql
> perhaps).
> I\'m pretty new in Linux, and have a 2 week experience with sendmail, so
> if I asked too much, please be nice :-) . Just would like to know if
> this is possible or if someone has a better idea.
>
> Just something I sincerely feel to add. I\'m not really active on the
> mailing list cause of my little experience, but I want to thank all the
> people that mail, because just reading the messages I learned a lot
> (thanks for the tip on the 3com 905B card, I got crazy with network
> problems on the samba server!!), and John Morris for WBEL I\'m using on
> all the server I set up, THANKS.
>
> Have a nice day
> Simone
>
> ----
> Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: clicca qui
> <http://www.email.it/cgi-bin/start?sid=3>
>
> Sponsor:
> Scopri il benessere che solo l&rsquo;aloe vera regala al tuo corpo: cura
la
> tua pelle Con la vasta gamma di prodotti che ti offre Erboristeria.com
> Clicca qui <http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2380&d=20040626>

i am not sure about open imap directly. Have you think in a vpn?, they
can connect using VPN from home.
>From webmail, if you want to use imap, take a look at squirrelmail
(google for it :-D ), or if you want to provide pop3 (wich i like
better) , then you can use openwebmail.org (it will let you set up a
frontend and then add pop3 account for remote retrieval of the messages).
I higly reccomend using a SSL site for webmail.
Regards!
RAul

 Sponsor:
 E' iniziata l'era del fax virtuale! Si chiama EmailFax IN e significa:
affidabilitą, semplicitą, qualitą e risparmio.
Clicca per saperne di pił
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1570&d=20040626

--b1_249a31c333ce9b77f41b058515f1a900

<P>Thank you very much for your reply. I&nbsp;am already having&nbsp;a look at openwebmail.org, hope it can be what I'm looking for. For imap, let's say we have to use it, or at least a part of the users......</P>
<P>Thanks again for the suggestion<BR>Simone<BR><BR><BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">--------- Original Message --------<BR>Da: "Raul pitti" &lt;rdpitti@globaltecsa.com&gt;<BR>To: <BR>Oggetto: Re: [WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway<BR>Data: 26/06/04 18:20<BR><BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2><BR><BR>Simone72 wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Hi all,<BR>&gt; thought I would post my question here, if this is not the appropriate <BR>&gt; place, I apologize.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; This is the environment I'm dealing with:<BR>&gt; the company I'm working for has 3 offices in 3 different cities, with a <BR>&gt; VPN connection. Each of the 3 office has its own Exchange server 2000 <BR>&gt; (the domain is the same). Right now, I just set up a sendmail server as <BR>&gt; a mail gateway (MailScanner - ClamAV - Spamassassin.....very <BR>&gt; satisfied), and relay the mail to the three different exchange servers <BR>&gt; using mailertable on a per user policy. Say the sendmail is the only one <BR>&gt; having a public ip (or better in a future, behind a firewall), i
 s there
<BR>&gt; a way for users to connect via imap to their accounts from outside the <BR>&gt; VPN (home for ex.) ?<BR>&gt; All the users mailboxes are on the exchange servers, so I thought if <BR>&gt; sendmail can be a mail gateway using mailertable there could possibly be <BR>&gt; a way to route imap to the right server using the same rules.......that <BR>&gt; would be great. The alternative I'm fighting with my boss about, is <BR>&gt; adding an extra exchange server to be a front end for the other 3....but <BR>&gt; paying $$$ another licence is, IMHO....... Another thing is providing <BR>&gt; the web access, and I thought it could be done with a log-in web page <BR>&gt; redirecting to the right server (something to be done PHP-Apache-MySql <BR>&gt; perhaps).<BR>&gt; I'm pretty new in Linux, and have a 2 week experience with sendmail, so <BR>&gt; if I asked too much, please be nice :-) . Just would like to know if <BR>&gt; this is possible or if someone has a better idea.<BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; Just something I sincerely feel to add. I'm not really active on the <BR>&gt; mailing list cause of my little experience, but I want to thank all the <BR>&gt; people that mail, because just reading the messages I learned a lot <BR>&gt; (thanks for the tip on the 3com 905B card, I got crazy with network <BR>&gt; problems on the samba server!!), and John Morris for WBEL I'm using on <BR>&gt; all the server I set up, THANKS.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Have a nice day<BR>&gt; Simone<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ----<BR>&gt; Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: clicca qui <BR>&gt; &lt;http://www.email.it/cgi-bin/start?sid=3&gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Sponsor:<BR>&gt; Scopri il benessere che solo l&amp;rsquo;aloe vera regala al tuo corpo: cura la <BR>&gt; tua pelle Con la vasta gamma di prodotti che ti offre Erboristeria.com<BR>&gt; Clicca qui &lt;http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2380&amp;d=20040626&gt;<BR>&gt; <BR>i am not sure about open imap directly. Have you think in a vp
 n?,
 Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: <a href="http://www.email.it/cgi-bin/start?sid=3"
 target="_blank" >clicca qui</a> <br>
 Sponsor:<br>
 E' iniziata l'era del fax virtuale! Si chiama EmailFax IN e significa: affidabilitą, semplicitą, qualitą e risparmio.
Clicca per saperne di pił<br>

--b1_249a31c333ce9b77f41b058515f1a900--