[WBEL-users] Network Management/Monitoring System...

Kerry Cox kerry.cox@ksl.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:33:22 -0600

I personally like Big Brother (http://www.bb4.net/), Nagios
(http://www.nagios.org/) and MRTG (http://www.mrtg.org/). Use the
rrdtool with MRTG for maximum utilization.
I use all of these tools on a single Dell 2650 2.4 GHz running
Scientific Linux (another RHEL AS3 derivative, much like Whitebox). Big
Brother and Nagios handle over 120 hosts and several hundred processes.
MRTG watches bandwidth stats using SNMP from hundreds of routers,
switches and SNMP-enabled devices.
KJ