[WBEL-users] SendMail Gateway

Casper Pedersen cpedersen@c-note.dk
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:44:51 +0200

--=-py2Tgk8RMirYK71M73p6

Use Squid to do reverse proxy, it should work. The problem is doing
rewrite of the url, which a proper reverse proxy can do correct. I am
not sure if it can do it for MS exchange, but it would be worth a try.

Regards/Casper

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 16:56, Simone wrote:
> Hi,
> tried reverse proxy, it works till I get the authentication page, then
> I get a "Cannot find server". It looks like the proxy is working fine,
> but it cannot reverse the page generated by the Exchange server. The
> page is for ex. http://mail.server/exchange and there I get the login
> prompt. If I authenticate directly on this page (not through apache),
> then the page name doesn't change, but the main frame information
> gives me http://mail/server/exchange/username/Inbox/?Cmd=3Dcontents. I
> think since the page name is not changed apache can't load the Inbox.
> Maybe I'm completely wrong, and I'll certainly google to find an
> answer, but if anyone has a suggestion it would be very appreciated.
>=20
> Thanks, have a nice day
> Simone
>=20
>=20
> At 13:43 28/06/2004, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 05:28, Karanbir Singh wrote:=20
> > I was also thinking that Outlook Web Access could work ... but you
> > would either need to setup 3 IPs to point into the network to each
> > server (not very secure) in the firewall ... or do reverse proxying
> > of the all 3 servers from one external server.
> >=20
> > here is an article reverse proxy using apache:
> > http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Johnny Hughes
> >=20
> > HughesJR.com
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ----
> Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te:clicca=3D qui
>=20
> Sponsor:
> Da 1.500 a 10.000 Euro per realizzare i tuoi desideri con sicurezza e
> sempl=3D icit=C3=A0, clicca e richiedi il tuo prestito
> Clicca qui
--=20
GPG Public key is available from: http://www.keyserver.net/
Fingerprint =3D 56ED 74A4 7B00 20E2 B493 0C1A 6B4E BF8F A086 FE57

--=-py2Tgk8RMirYK71M73p6

--=-py2Tgk8RMirYK71M73p6--