[WBEL-users] WBEL on the Desktop

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser@pmbenterprises.com
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:13:10 -0500

I am a new user of WBEL (server) and would appreciate hearing from some
other users who are also using it on the desktop (workstations).

Specifically, I would like to know what sources are being drawn from to
update/upgrade/install apps already part of the 3.0-fixed release, or
when choosing a newer app from a developer's/mirroring site. RH 9? FC1?
I 'yum' the WBEL sources given, but I would like to move on to newer
releases of some of the apps provided, as well as those that are not in
the release (WBEL/RHEL).

Lastly, does anyone feel adding the Legacy Support libraries are
critical to being able to utilize RH 9 files/apps? Or are they for older
apps from even earlier RH releases?

Asking around has gotten me shrugs and varying opinions on these
questions. I could use some experiences to gage what to use for my
desktop installation. I really don't want to see this box migrate into
Fedora -- already got FC1 running elsewhere.

TIA.

Paul