[WBEL-users] Re: wbel-u] White Box wins election on Super Tuesday

R P Herrold herrold@owlriver.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 22:22:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Ralph Roberts / Creativity, Inc. wrote:

> Our new server came in this week on Super Tuesday. The CPU is an Athlon
> 3400+ 64-bit chip. I tried CentOS 3 (still in beta) and TaoLinux--because
> both purported to support the 64-bit chip. TaoLinux could not be induced to
> recognize my video card, hence X windows would not fire up. CentOS installed
> nicely, but I could not get MySQL or PostgreSQL to run. Since I am already

ummm -- I do not see a statement anywhere in the
http://caosity.org/ site (which has the CentOS rebuild effort
as one of the supported projects), which 'purported to support
the 64-bit chip' (I assume an Opteron, but this is not clear).
Probably in the future, but the testing hardware has not been
present in the CentOS developer sub-group.

Would you be so kind as to point it out to me?  It should be
removed if present currently.

I checked the Tao Bugzilla and do not see _any_ bug filing on
difficulties starting MySQL or PostgreSQL.

Also, I checked the Tao Bugzilla and do not see a bug filing,
nor an 'lspci -v -v'  on any video card issue other than a
fixed one: "ASUS GeForce FX 5200 - it does recognize it
properly as a Nvidia GeForce FX".

If bugs are not filed, they do not exist;  been that way
forever.

-- Russ Herrold