[WBEL-users] A problem about TCL/TK in RHEL rebuilt

Xu Hao hxu@mail.linx-info.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:51:59 +0800

Hi everyone!

  I have rebuilt RHEL3 (with all updates included) srpms and made a
distro of my own, just like WBEL. Now I found that there is something
wrong with running tcl/tk scripts on this distro.

  Here is the example scripts:

#!/usr/bin/wish

wm title . "test"
wm minsize . 400 400

label .l_un -text "username"
label .l_pw -text "password"
entry .username -width 10 -relief sunken -textvariable username
entry .password -width 10 -relief sunken -textvariable password

pack .l_un .username -side left -ipadx 3m -ipady 2m -expand 1
pack .l_pw .password -side left -ipadx 3m -ipady 2m -expand 1

bind .username <Return> { puts "username is $username" }
bind .password <Return> { puts "password is $password" }

when I run this script, the graphical interface is ok, and I can input
into the password entry, and pressing return gives the right result, but
I cannot input into the entry username. Why?

The same thing happens when I use vtcl(Visual TCL, an IDE for tcl/tk,
written in tcl/tk), when I create a new project, I cannot input the
project name into the project name entry.

And the same thing happens when I use specTcl, cannot input into any
entry.

And this problem does not occur at all on Red Hat 9.

I have updated all tck/tk related rpms using fedora rpms, but didn't
solve the problem.

Anyone knows why?

Thank you!

X.H.