[WBEL-users] RHN up2date desktop applet still not working

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:09:52 -0500 (EST)

Gary Mansell said:
[snip]
> The up2date icon either goes grey with a question mark with the tooltip
> saying "Error connecting to RHN..." or it is blue saying "Awaiting first
> checkin..."

I believe the only way you can get an "Error connecting to RHN" is if you
have accidentally tried to register with Red Hat.  Verify the that
"up2date default" line is still commented out in your sources file.

That said, I'm not sure of the status of using dir repos with rhn-applet,
but I wouldn't think that would be your current issue.

--
William Hooper