[WBEL-users] Another Up2date question

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:43:09 -0500 (EST)

Will Senn said:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently became aware of WBEL as a RHEL3 derived distribution. I am
> quite impressed. However, I have a couple of questions regarding updates:
>
> 1. Is it possible or recommended to apply the RH updates or should I
> only use the WBEL updates?

You only get RH updates via RHN and it is my understanding that using
these updates on non-RHEL machines is a violation of the RHN service
agreement.  Consult a lawyer if you have questions.

> 2. Is it possible (documented) how to just dowload the updates and put
> them on an nfs share to use as the update location?

Discussed last week on the list.  You can either use a yum "file:///", use
the -k option to up2date, or (if you don't care about the rhn-applet) use
a dir repo.

If it doesn't have to be an nfs share, you can use HTTP or FTP to serve
APT or YUM repos.

--
William Hooper