[WBEL-users] Another Up2date question

Will Senn will_senn@comcast.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:08:21 -0600

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
William,<br>
Thanks, ok - NO RHEL updates! Yum, hmm - I figure that this must be
what /etc/yum.conf is for and that I can add the <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="file:///updates">file:///updates</a>
directory as an entry and away we go, great!<br>
I wasn't subscribed last week, so maybe you already went over this - I
downloaded the updates and then ran the command:<br>
rpm -Fvh $(ls *rpm | egrep -v '^(kernel-)')<br>
to update all except the kernel files...<br>
well, didn't work - dependency issues - when I then used the up2date
program, it figured out that I needed a couple of additional packages
from the base install and did it's magic. Is there a simple way to
perform the update from a command line as opposed to the GUI and still
get the benefit of having the dependencies figured out?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Will<br>
William Hooper wrote:<br>
 cite="mid3228.209.239.137.132.1079469789.squirrel@209.239.137.132">