[WBEL-users] Love the product...

Will Senn will_senn@comcast.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:32:30 -0600

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Tony wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap="">--__--__--

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:07:50 -0800
From: Ed <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:ekg@tricity.wsu.edu">&lt;ekg@tricity.wsu.edu&gt;</a>
To: Scott Heisler <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:scott.heisler@huntleighusa.com">&lt;scott.heisler@huntleighusa.com&gt;</a>
CC: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:whitebox-users@beau.org">whitebox-users@beau.org</a>
Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] Love the product...

X-Washington State University Tricities-MailScanner: Found to be clean

Scott Heisler wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I love Whitebox Linux.  I'm now using it on production equipment, after
much testing.  WBEL is very stable and the hardware support is amazing.
I just installed it yesterday on a brand new dual XEON 3.0g server with
an LSI Megaraid Ultra 320 SCSI Controller.  Everything worked without
additional drivers, even the onboard Intel gigabit adapters!  Also, the
OS supported the hyperthreading as well!

I do have one beef.... why does the distro not include PINE.  While I
don't use pine that often for e-mail (mainly for testing e-mail), I love
pico. It's very easy to use and has menus.  Every RH distro I've used
since 5.2 has included Pine. Why would WBEL not include it?
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">IIRC, UW Pine is not at all open source software, and no-one has
bothered to re-write it.  There is a GPL'd pico clone named nano, though.

I, personally, like mutt as well if not better than pine for
terminal-based email.  You might try it out and see if it meets your needs.

   Ed

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Thanks for a great product!

Scott
      </pre>
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

Personally i still use Joe, since i was around back when wordstar was still
big...

I assume its gpl... ( or bsd )