[WBEL-users] VSFTPD

Milan Ker¹láger milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:24:21 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 10:25:19AM -0500, Jesús García González wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to monitor vsftpd traffic? I mean checking the log I know who
> downloaded what, but how can I tell who is downloading right now, how many
> connections has he opened and at what speed is the download at the very
> instant I’m checking.

There is setproctitle_enable option in vsftpd.conf so you are able to se
what's going on by:

ps xa | grep vsftpd

You may use xferstats to compute log reports. See my repository for a
package. There is also other utilities on the Web too.

ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/people/milan_kerslager/RHEL-3/RPMS/
ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/local/milan.kerslager/RHEL-3/RPMS/

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz